Sunday, November 21, 2010

A little progress....

We now have rear brakes!
Some old handlebar clamps fitted just nicely as a brake anchor point
I have temporarily fitted a rusty old mudguard support while I make the mounting bracket to fix it to the rear guard.
Once I have finished welding and bending this part it will be stripped back and painted black.


New cables have been made up for throttle, Front brake, decompressor and clutch.
I don't solder these with lead solder because it is not strong enough. I prefer to silver solder the ends using oxy-acetylene. 
Levers are second hand Tommaselli units picked up very cheap at a swap meet.
Oil lines are all now fitted so theoretically the bike could start with fuel and oil added.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a picture of the whole thing from the side view? Looks great so far

    ReplyDelete